Tuesday evening, 2022 Sept 27th, 7:00 P.M.
Friends of Headwaters Nature and fellow naturalists,
We’re confident enough now to come out of the isolation we’ve endured during the doldrums of Covid-19. We’re going to start with our first in-person meeting since 2020!
On Tuesday evening, September 27th, 7:00 P.M., gather with us at our usual spot in the Orangeville And District Seniors Centre, 26 Bythia Street, Orangeville. (For Covid-19 reasons, we will not be providing the usual treats or coffee or tea.)
- We will introduce those of us who are resuscitating Headwaters Nature.
- We’ll be gathering your names and contact information to update our membership list from three years ago.
- We’ll be asking you to support us by paying your nominal membership fees. We will be maintaining our fee structure of $25 per person or $35 for couples. These fees are payable by cash or cheque in-person, or payable via e-transfer to email@example.com
- We’ll update you on our current project of the club becoming Stewards for the Willoughby Nature Reserve owned by Ontario Nature.
- Phil Bird, an Orangeville native and now a Fisheries biologist for the Credit Vally Conservation, will give us a brief update on the work that he and others have done for the CVC on the stream life of Silver Creek, the stream that flows through the Willoughby Nature Reserve.
- We’ll briefly mention the Christmas Bird Count, and other programs we have in mind.
- I know that many of you have continued to be actively involved in your own personal ways as naturalists throughout the years of the pandemic. Please come prepared to speak about one or more of the most personally significant such experiences you’ve had as a naturalist throughout the Covid-19 lockdown.
- We’ll have discussion about what you would like to offer as services of Headwaters Nature — leading me to …
- We’ll be asking you to volunteer to take responsibility for the on-going operation of Headwaters Nature. This is a labour of love for us — but new love and energy would be wonderful!
For those who might want a brief outdoor excursion _before_ the meeting, we will be stroll around what is perhaps the best example of re-naturalizing a property in Orangeville. The owner is doing an advanced degree in landscape design and implementation. Their property is very close to the Seniors Centre. We will start promptly at 6:30 P.M., and aim to be back at the Seniors Centre by 6:55 P.M. Since the weather for Tuesday evening is looking somewhat showery, if you wish to come to this pre-meeting short tour, come dressed appropriately for a short and easy walk through this remarkable garden!
Beginning in October, we have booked regular meetings for October 18th and November 15th, 7:00 P.M., (both of which are the third Tuesdays of their respective months.) Our December ‘meeting’ will be the Christmas Bird Count!
Mark Whitcombe representing the Headwaters Nature executive 519.939.0020
“Everything is a relationship”