Our first meeting of this Covid-19 year will be a combination of a standard Nature Headwaters meeting and a field trip! We’ll be outside and following the required Covid-19 safety guidelines — and we’ll be celebrating the fine work of the volunteers who have put this Mono Township public garden together over the past few years.
We’ll be meeting on our regular last-Tuesday of the month, the 29th of September. This month, because we’ll be outside, we’ll be starting early at 6 P.M. and ending when it gets dark. Sunset that day will be 7:03 P.M. The gathering will obviously be somewhat weather-dependent. Watch your email on the afternoon of Sept 29th for updates.
We’ll meet at the Mono Pollinator Garden .9 km E of #10 on Hockley Rd, on the south side, with a clear sign into the parking lot. There is enough room for 15-20 cars if we park carefully. Walking is on flat crushed limestone paths; the total length of paths is perhaps 250 metres maximum.
We will be using field trip protocols from other organizations. This will include the following:
- We will be outside for this whole meeting!
- We will ask you to sign-in as symptom-free.
- Masking for all, please — to protect others as well as yourself.
- Physically-distanced where possible.
- We will be in small sub-groups of half a dozen or so wandering around the garden — with an activity to help guide your observations and discussions.
- We will have various members of the Executive in places around the garden.
- (We may need to consider waivers as per our insurance contract.)
If you are planning on attending, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Likewise, if you have questions or suggestions, please use the same email@example.com email address.